“When our days become dreary with low-hovering clouds of despair, and when our nights become darker than a thousand midnights, let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and transform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize that the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice.”
–Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (This final phrase originated with Theodore Parker, a Unitarian Minister in the 19th century)
- What do I trust?
- What is sacred?
- What experiences have taught me to trust?
- Where do I look for strength and encouragement?
- How do I celebrate my life and experiences?
- What do I trust in that does not require an explanation?
- What has earned my unconditional trust and faith?
- Is there a divine, sacred something that you believe in?